Moving into a new home can be a stressful task under any circumstances, especially when you are moving during a global pandemic. Luckily, there are a few things you can do to ensure your move runs safe and smooth.
- DIY – It’s not the best time to have multiple people moving in and out of your space and touching your furniture, so, to lessen the spread of germs, do as much as you can on your own. Portable moving containers are a great, contactless alternative to hiring a moving company. Also, moving over the course of a few days will give you more time to get the job done. This way so you can handle it alone instead of asking your friends and family to help.
- Research – If moving isn’t feasible for you without the help or professionals, make sure to do research on the companies you are using. You’ll want to make sure they are taking every precaution possible to exasperate their health and sanitation protocols. When you buy or sell with Bob Lucido Team, you get access to our moving trucks for life* and we are taking extra measures to ensure our trucks are thoroughly cleaned.
- Be Prepared – Have masks, Lysol, and gloves on hand for everyone involved to use throughout the big day. Try to limit the number of surfaces you interact with so that you aren’t constantly disinfecting the entire home.
- Use NEW Cardboard Boxes – Normally we would suggest recycling old boxes, but used ones are more likely to carry germs. Opt for buying unused cardboard boxes to limit your exposure.
- Virtual Home Evaluation – In person home evaluations are not recommended during social distancing. Many movers are offering virtual home evaluations and relying on professional estimates. It never hurts to ask if your preferred moving company will accommodate this request. All businesses are adjusting to meet virtual demands.
Real Estate is more than our profession, it is our passion. Helping people is our big why. If you or a family member has contracted COVID-19, it is in the best interest of everyone involved to push back your move until it is safe in order to lessen the spread of the virus.
If you’re looking to buy or sell, contact us virtually or call 410.465.6900
*Certain restrictions apply.