Smart home stagers know that tapping into the buyer’s seasonal mood can go a long way. If you’re planning on putting your house on the market this fall, you’ll increase your chances of selling faster if you properly stage for Autumn. This means staying with simple harvest and autumn themes.
Too much seasonal or holiday decor can be distracting for buyers. Fall is a beautiful atmosphere in itself, and you want your home’s attributes to remain the focal point. Remember you are staging, not decorating. The goal is to attract as many potential buyers as possible.
Follow these 7 seasonal staging tips from our team of professional Home Stagers to ensure your house is as perfect as possible when it’s time to sell:
1. Take advantage of MUMS (a personal favorite of our Stagers) – Mums, or Chrysanthemums, are flowers that last from September through November. They come in a variety of amazing fall colors and have large full blooms. They can be used both indoors and outdoors to add a pop of Autumn color to your space. Try planting a row of them out front or place them on the front porch steps to make a great first impression with a beautiful porch-scape.
2. Clear Leaves – Although fallen leaves may add to the fall atmosphere, they can make marketing photos look messy. Be sure to rake your yard and clear driveways, walkways, decks, and patios of all leaves when you stage to sell.
4. Give Spaces Life with Blankets & Throw Pillows – By adding blankets and throw pillows to your spaces, you will make them look more warm and cozy, perfect for spending time on a chilly fall day. Add them to your living room and outdoor fire pit seating. Select fall colors or neutrals such as cream and brown.
5. Layering – Layer a buffalo check rug under your welcome mat to add warm interest. You can also layer buffalo check, fur, and/or sweater knit pillows on sofas for an even cozier vibe in your primary living spaces, your family and living rooms.
6. Accessorize with Firewood – By stacking firewood in the fireplace or on a wood holder you will emphasize that your home has a fireplace feature, which is appealing to a majority of buyers. Our stagers suggest using white birch logs to make the largest impact!
7. Opt for Seasonal Staging vs. Holiday Specific Decorations – Avoid time stamping your photos with holiday specific decorations and go for more generic seasonal decor that will give your listing photos a longer shelf life. Stick with autumn or harvest themes to give your home just the right amount of fall vibes that will attract plenty of buyers.
Check out this featured listing boasting a fall themed staged porch scape, available now!
If you’re looking to buy or sell your home this fall, contact 410.465.6900 or visit boblucidoteam.com!